Health & Safety Coordinator
Course: Short Course
Study Period: up to 9 months
Course Code: HSC003
Price before bursary:
Price after bursary:
[over 15 months]
This programme is designed for a person who currently is or wants to be involved in the administration and implementation of health and safety processes within the workplace. Following successful completion of this course this individual will be able to make recommendations on pertinent health and safety issues which may impact an organisations health and safety procedures.
The course covers the following Health and Safety Unit Standards:
- Conduct an investigation into workplace incidents
- Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Maintain and adapt oral/signed communication
- Monitor, report and make recommendations on the requirements applicable to permit to work systems in a working environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the implementation of occupational health, safety and environmental legislation in the workplace
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
Study period: up to 9 months
Assessment and Award
Students will have to successfully complete a work-based logbook, a portfolio of evidence and Final Knowledge Assessment. On successful completion of this students will be awarded an Academy of York Health and Safety Representative Certificate.
Students taking this course must have successfully completed the A.O.Y Health and Safety Representative course.
This course is SAIOSH verified for 5 CPD points.
Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, SABPP, PMSA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), and is registered with the QCTO as a Private College.
What our past students said
“Academy of York definitely prepared me for college by providing me with skills such as time management and learning how to be independent learner. The student advisor, coordinator and staff at Academy of York made me feel welcomed from day one. The positive relationship between student coordinator and student are a huge part of school success.”
“Academy of York for it actually brought more understanding of safety as my everyday life, even when am at home with my family am more observe in everything I do. Now my family are following through. It’s amazing.”