Course: Short Course
Study Period: up to 6 months
NQF Level: 5
SAQA ID: 93994
Course Code: LR03ST
Price before bursary:
Price after bursary:
[over 14.8 months]
Students registered for this SABPP accredited and NQF aligned short course will earn 35 credits on successful completion. On successful completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Draft an employment contract
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (Act 75 if 1997)
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Labour Relations Act with respect to Collective Agreements
and Bargaining Councils
- Interpret and apply provisions of the Labour Relations Act relating to organizational rights
- Interpret and apply the codes of good practice and guidelines in the Labour Relations Act and Sectoral
- Interpret and apply employment equity legislation to industry charters
Academy of York students will receive continuous information and support, over and above the prescribed course material, to assist students achieve in their studies. Students will have 6 months to complete this SABPP accredited and NQF aligned short course.
Study period: up to 6 months
Assessment and Award
This qualification will be assessed by means of a Summative Assessment assignment and there are no exams. A
mark of 65% is required to pass this SABPP accredited and NQF aligned short course.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is accredited by SABPP, South African Board for People Practices. The SABPP is a SAQA recognised professional body and regulates statutory quality and standards for People Professions. Academy of York is accredited by FASSET SETA, SAIOSH, SABPP, PMSA, COMENSA and the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and is registered with the QCTO as a Private College.
What our past students said
“What I liked most was the understanding when I needed a study break. The fanatical support teams’ ongoing support and calls are helpful. My Grandson is in grade 4 he will definitely study with A.O.Y for his higher education.”
“I had a good experience with Academy of York in terms of good Customer Services. If I’m not mistaken, every month I was receiving a call to from them to check if I’m coping with my studies. And the content of course I was doing was relevant and spot on.”
Duncan Sigidi Siyabonga Buthelezi